With Respect to Software Development:
- Try to write the least amount of code possible.
- Leverage your platform.
- Don’t reinvent the wheel.
- Be paranoid about bugs.
- Be critical of your design.
- Ask for input.
- Look for best practices.
- Automate anything repetitive or manual.
- Use a more functional style, when possible.
- When learning something new, try to learn as much as you can about the lower-level internals. Don’t be trapped within your framework.
- Believe in the web. It’s not going away.
- Be humble.
- Speak your mind.